I discovered this on the beaches of Goa at about three in the morning. It certainly helps the munchies late at night but also makes a nice, spicy breakfast snack.
Serves: 1. Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
• Knob of butter or oil
• 1/2 clove garlic
• Two eggs (duck eggs are great)
• 1/4 cup of milk
• 1/2 red chilli and 1/2 green chilli chopped (double if you really like it hot)
• Pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
• Coriander, chopped to garnish
1. Whisk eggs with milk, add chilli, salt and pepper and mix.
2. Heat butter over a hot heat.
3. Fry garlic for 20-30 seconds.
4. Tip in the egg mixture and cook, tipping the pan regularly so the omelette is evenly cooked.
5. Garnish with coriander and serve with a spoonful of lime pickle.