Serves one as a snack
• 2 pieces of red mullet fillet
• 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
• 2-3 small dried chillies
• pinch of salt
• pinch cinnamon powder
1. Dry the fish thoroughly. The fillets will have a skin on one side. Leave it on.
2. Crush all the seeds so they are broken down but not so much that they are ground to powder.
3. Add the salt and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Coat the flesh side of the fish well to form a crust. Use the palm of your hand to gently push the spices into the fish. Put into the fridge for a minimum of an hour.
5. Heat a small amount of oil to a high heat in a pan. Fry the crust side for about a minute and a half and the skin side for about a minute.
6. Eat immediately with the pickle of your choice.
Fish supplied by Lockies Shellfish in Greenwich