• 24 medium-sized oysters shucked and cleaned (keep the liquor)
• 4 tbls oil
• 2 tsp mustard seeds
• 2 onions, chopped
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 300ml coconut milk
1. Cook the oysters in their liquor over a medium heat until the edges start to curl (about 5 minutes). Set aside and cover.
2. Heat oil to a high heat. Fry mustard seeds for a few seconds. Test the heat is right by testing one seed (it will pop).
3. Add onions and fry until they are golden brown (about 5-6 minutes).
4. Add spices and garlic, stir in and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk and stir in until fully warmed through.
6. Add the cooked oysters and when hot serve with crusty bread.
• Oysters are from Mersea Island and are courtesy of Lockies Shellfish.