What you need
• 24 medium-sized oysters shucked and cleaned (keep the liquor)
• 4 tbls oil
• 2 tsp mustard seeds
• 2 onions, chopped
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 300ml coconut milk
How you cook it
1. Cook the oysters in their liquor over a medium heat until the edges start to curl (about 5 minutes). Set aside and cover.
2. Heat oil to a high heat. Fry mustard seeds for a few seconds. Test the heat is right by testing one seed (it will pop).
3. Add onions and fry until they are golden brown (about 5-6 minutes).
4. Add spices and garlic, stir in and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk and stir in until fully warmed through.
6. Add the cooked oysters and when hot serve with crusty bread.
Oysters are from Mersea Island and are courtesy of Lockies Shellfish.