Makes enough for a side dish for 2 people to share
• 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
• 2-3 small red dried chillies
• 10 lady’s fingers (okra)
• 1 red onion
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1 tsp salt
1. Mix the coconut and chillies and mix together with a small bit of water. This is best done with a pestle. Do not blend as you want a rough mixture. Set aside.
2. Wash okra well and slice into small chunks.
3. Finely chop onion.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan until medium hot and add onion. Fry until they start to brown.
5. Add the okra and stir through. Cook until the okra softens.
6. Add salt and some water if the dish is sticking. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Add coconut and chilli mix. Mix well and heat through.