This is a delicious dish but not that common in U.K. Restaurants for some reason, although Gaylord in Island Gardens in east London serves a good version.
Potato fry is a common recipie.But today I thought of sharing with you all a very traditional recipie which I learnt from my mother. Simple and easy one.
Potato cut into pieces :1 t0 2 cups
Coconut scrapings: 3 to 4 Tbs
Green chillies:2 or 3 accdg to taste
Mustard seeds :urad dhal for seasoning
cumin seeds :1/2 tsp
garlic:2 to 3 pods
Curry leaves a few
Salt as desired
oil :1 tbs
- Cook and Peel potatoes then cut into cubes.
- Boil peas seperately.
- Grind coconut scrapings, cumin seeds ,green chillies and garlic pod into a fine paste.
- In a kadai put oil add mustard seeds urad dhal then curry leaves.
- Add potatoes and peas with required salt and little water.
- Then add the grinded masala to it.
- when it gets thickened remove from fire.
Side dish for rice.