Chicken Chicken Dry Fry
Serves 2-3 as a starter
This is an Indo-Chinese stir-fry dish, combining flavours from both cuisines. It is a very hot, dry dish and should be always be served fresh.
What you need
• 2 Tbls cornflour
• 6 tsp soy sauce
• 150gm chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
• 3 Tbls oil
• 1 small onion, roughly chopped
• 1/2 green pepper
• 1-3 green chillies (to your taste), chopped
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
• 1 tomato roughly, chopped
• 2 spring onions chopped
• a small handful of coriander, chopped
How you cook it
1. Mix the cornflour with 4 tsp of soy sauce and coat the chicken in the mixture. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil to a medium-hot heat.
3. Fry the chicken until all the pieces are sealed (about 2-3 minutes), then set aside.
4. Add the green peppers to the pan and stir-fry until they start to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
5. Add the onions, chillies, pepper and chilli flakes and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add a tiny bit of water if needed but not too much as this is a dry dish.
6. Add the other 2 tsps of soya sauce and mix in well.
7. Add in the tomatoes and chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
8. Garnish with spring onion and coriander and serve (this dish is best served fresh).